Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Quest for Fido

T-bone and I are looking to buy a house. There are lots of good reasons to buy a house - tax breaks, building equity, the pride of ownership. But I want a house for one reason: house = dog.

I can't believe I'm almost thirty and I've never owned a dog! Other people bring strays home and then dump them with their parents while they join the Peace Corps or they buy boutique Labradoodles and then hike the Appalachian Trail. Some people have big dogs that ride shotgun in their rusted pickups or little rat dogs with custom-printed "DIVA" t-shirts. But me, I gots no dog.

So I'm starting my very own blog all about my dog, even though he/she is not my dog yet. Here's my classified:

SWF ISO open and friendly waggly-tailed furry pal. Must be energetic and must love belly-rubs and sharing kisses. Must like my jokes, old movies, and long walks in the park and will not be offended by bodily odors or loud boo-hooing during aforementioned old movies. Ideal candidate will be young and enjoy bed-snuggles.

So who do you like best?

Tobler the happy-go-lucky chocolate lab











Belvedere the plucky little pug mix










Rhoda the cute and scrappy boston terrier mix

3 comments:

Luap Otisopse said...

Belvedere is a cutie! Depends on the temperment of a pug mix though. Otherwise, I think chocolate labs rule - although I've only known 2.

Kevin said...

Tobler all the way! Labs are the best in my oppinion and if I ever could have one that would be the dog I'd pick

Anonymous said...

Belvedere all the way...too cute.
Granny Lynn