Friday, September 14, 2007

Gotcha!

Our new baby comes home tomorrow! I got a call yesterday saying that we were approved to adopt Rags, the little multi-colored long-haired chihuahua mix. We pick her up tomorrow and then I have to take her to be groomed. She has heartworms so she will be resting for the next eight weeks while she recovers from the treatment. She has to have a course of injections to kill the worms. Once the worms are dead, she has to be on bedrest while the little bits of decomposing worm work their way through her circulatory system. If she exerts herself too much, a particularly hefty chunk may clog a vein or artery before it can be broken down into small enough bits.

She will be ready for her grand debut right in time for Thanksgiving!

Our Adoption Counselor also told us that because I came in on that particular Saturday, Science Diet had agreed to sponsor the first 25 applications they received. So she's free! The adoption fee is usually $150. God is good!

I went to PetSmart yesterday and picked up the necessities. The only place I went a little crazy was in the collar section. So many cute options! I got several so we can see which one most flatters her complexion when we pick her up, and then I'll return the others.

Don't know what we'll name her yet. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Awesome, congrats dobule mommy!

Luap Otisopse said...

Woohoo! COngrats sis:) I'm still trying to figure out a clever name... seeing her would probably help.