Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Mancub's Surgery

The Mancub has his surgery yesterday. I couldn't be there but I got the full report from T-Bone. He said the surgery went very well and that the Mancub is recovering well. He told me that when the surgeon removed the Mancub's adenoids, they were so big that the surgeon didn't know how he was breathing before. Apparently a lot of fluid drained out of his ears when they put the tubes in, too. After the surgery, T-Bone said the Mancub was sleeping SO peacefully - no more desperate heaving chest. "He sleeps quietly," he told me. "He sleeps like you!"

He wouldn't eat or drink anything today so the doc wouldn't release him from the hospital. Finally T-Bone had the idea to use a syringe to get some juice into his mouth. The doc said he needs at least 20 squirts a day; I think T-Bone said he got about 30 squirts in the Mancub before he came home for the evening.

T-Bone is really happy and relieved at the result and is very eager to get himself examined to see if he has an issue that can be corrected with surgery. Wouldn't it be awesome if T-Bone could get a decent night's sleep?! I just feel so bad when he is tearing it up next to me. Poor wookie.

On another note, he told me last Friday that people at work were making fun of his snakeskin shoes, calling him a pimp and laughing at him. I felt so ashamed when he told me that because I know that I have been really mean and poked fun at him pretty hard in the past for his snakeskin shoes. My heart just crinkled up and I felt like hanging my head because I realized how much I could have hurt his feelings. So we went out on Saturday and since Mom just paid me for dogsitting after a couple of mixups, we were able to get him a really nice pair of brown oxfords. Perfect timing! Now he feels so much more comfortable and I feel a bit absolved of my past meanness.

I rejoined Curves today. Even if I don't lose weight, I can at least put the breaks on my weight gain. But somehow when you are working out, you feel more motivated to cut down on your food intake. And Curves is such a happy fun place and they make it so easy! I feel bad for you dudes that you don't have a place like that. I know the Curves founders use their money to support right-wing politicians but frankly I feel like me staying alive and healthy is more valuable both to me and to the struggle than for me to deny myself a fun and motivational workout on principle. It felt good to work out today.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I feel bad for you dudes that you don't have a place like that.

I know, it is terrible. But unfortunately us dudes always want to compete with each other so we need our meathead gyms.

T-Bone said the Mancub was sleeping SO peacefully

Awesome! I know he has to feel so much better now! Gosh I can't imagine what a relief it is.

On another note, he told me last Friday that people at work were making fun of his snakeskin shoes, calling him a pimp and laughing at him.

Did you not tell him to not buy the snakeskin shoes! :) At least he got a nice pair of brown shoes.

Well Wisher said...

"But unfortunately us dudes always want to compete with each other so we need our meathead gyms."

Good point! I can see how that would work if you were already reasonably in shape or at least not embarrassingly out of shape. But then I think about the guys who feel like they are so over-the-top out of shape that they feel like clowns next to the more-buff meatheads and I get a little frowny-face inside my heart for them. What would the man equivalent of Curves be? "Guns?" "Meathooks?" "Cojones?" Hmmmm, maybe not . . .

Kevin said...

Guns! hahaha, thats too funny.