Monday, October 8, 2007

She Barks!

Today little No Name barked for the first time! I guess she's getting comfortable enough that she's ready to assert herself a little bit.

We were out for our evening walk. Another dog was walking toward us on the other side of the road and No Name wanted desperately to go and greet it, even though it was a huge Pit Bull that looked like it wanted to eat her. As the dog and its owner turned down a side street, she threw her head back and barked. "Ruff!" she said in a high-pitched squeaky voice. "Rarara!" And then she came running back to me with her tail wagging so hard, I thought she would fall over.

I started laughing. Then I called T-Bone. He already thinks I'm crazy so I thought I would make him laugh. "Your daughter just barked!" I crowed when he answered the phone.

"Er, wha-?" he asked.

"Your daughter! She just barked!" We both started laughing. After a little gentle ribbing on his part and some indignant parental pride on mine, we said goodbye and little No Name and I headed back to the apartment for some dinner.

No comments: