Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Father's Day

What an awesome weekend! On Saturday I was a total bum - lazed around in bed, read my books, worked on my flash cards for pregnancy massage. After T-Bone got up in the morning, I stretched my whole body diagonally across the bed and just took up as much real estate as I could. Excellent!

In the afternoon, I went to Sutton Place - I guess it's called Balducci's now. I decided I really wanted to splurge on getting some side dishes for Dad's Father's Day celebration since I have been such a loser at past family events, not bringing anything and just relying on my folks and sibs to provide all the yummies. So I went crazy and got lots of interesting-looking things for us to sample.

On Sunday, T-Bone and I loaded up the cooler and grabbed the food and Dad's dad's-day gift and headed up to Boyds. Telmah and Anyhc greeted us and Mom took over with the food, emptying everything into bowls and chopping the strawberries to make a tasty strawberry and blueberry mix.

Semaj and Haras were already there - BTW, it is so not fair that she and I are "Haras" and "Nagem." Not true! :-) Dad had wanted to go to the park but we couldn't rent a picnic area or drink alcohol so we decided to stay at the house. Good call!

Semaj, Haras, T-Bone and I fell into an intense round of Crazy Eights. That Semaj is pretty tricky! Dad watched but I could tell he was intimidated by our skills. Anyhc and Telmah, however, were convined that they could take us all and kept jumping into the middle of the game to try to grab their own hand - paw?

After that, we hung out on the porch and noshed. Luap and Yellek showed up with deviled eggs - yay! They grabbed some chow and joined us out on the porch.

I got to go inside and chat with Mom for a while, just us girls. We had a good talk. Nivek and Nnerb came in from Charlottesville and brought yummy dessert stuff. Mom stepped out for a minute - we were supposed to be watching Telmah but all of a sudden I heard the clink of dog tags on china. I ran into the kitchen to see that Telmah had wiped out our supply of pecan rolls. Bad dog!

Dad got some really cool presents. Semaj gave him The Dangerous Book for Boys, which everybody loved. It had important information for every boy, including how to curse in Navajo. It was so hilarious! Luap and Yellek gave him Godivas and Nivek and Nnerb gave him a bottle of wine. T-Bone and I also gave him wine, a 2005 Frog's Leap Zinfandel. He is so easy to shop for. :-) Looking over his loot, Yellek observed, "Now you can get drunk, eat chocolate and swear at your neighbors!" As Luap would say, CLUTCH!

T-Bone and I had to leave but before we left, I got a great idea - every month, one of us should pick a trail to hike. Wouldn't that be awesome? I totally think we should do it. Anybody know any hikes they either want to try or want to share?

6 comments:

Kevin said...

http://www.localhikes.com/Hikes/Billy_Goat_A_8872.asp

My nomination

Kevin said...

http://bignosecub.blogspot.com/2007/06/hike-of-month-july.html

Check out my post on it :)

Well Wisher said...

Looks great! Don't know if I'm ready for "strenuous" hikes yet - Idon't want to be a drag. I'll have to start working out so I can keep up!

Kevin said...

Do you have any other suggestions?

Well Wisher said...

This sounds awesome. I am definitely game, if you don't mind hanging with me for a minute if I get out of breath or something.

I don't really know any trails except the ones around Boyds but I'll ask around, see if any of my more outdoorsy pals have any suggestions.

Kevin said...

I never mind hanging for a second, I promise to have a much more leisurely pace (I swear). Lets plan it though for real I will see who else is game.