Monday, June 4, 2007

Weekend at Ogi's

I had an awesome weekend. My boss and I flew to Detroit to attend a practice managment seminar led by Dr. Ogi Ressell, who operated a huge pediatric chiropractic center before he retired. I learned a lot and was really inspired.

On top of that, we stayed in this fantastic hotel that had THE MOST COMFORTABLE BED I have ever experienced. It was amazing and I totally covet it. After the first day, we drove into town to see if we could find someplace to eat. We must have been on the wrong side of the tracks, though, and after we passed a gentleman's club, the police station and the Esquire Motel ("We rent by the hour!") we decided to turn around. We ended up eating at a fabulous Italian restaurant called Ciao and we ran into Ogi and his daughter there at the restaurant. Then we went back to the hotel and snuggled in our luxurious wonderful beds. Mmmmm . . . They even had a catalog in the hotel room which I stole so that I could have the information if we ever buy a new bed. :-)

1 comment:

Luap Otisopse said...

That sounds great Megan! Although when I first read 'Detroit' I thought you post might go in a 'Pittsburgh' direction:) (Hopefully that made sense). I was in Detroit years ago, and I noticed that there were a lot of wrong side of the tracks (although it seems there should only be 2 haha). It wasn't all bad though, to be fair. Glad you had fun sister crittergal!