Thursday, June 14, 2007

Scumsuckers

Whatever you do, don't get a credit card with SST Card Services.

If your WAMU/Providian card gets sold to SST, pay down your balance ASAP.

If you still have your WAMU/Providian account, count yourself lucky, start paying it down today, and get ready to deal with these bottom feeders as WAMU/Providian seems to be selling all of its accounts to SST.

From my post on the SST Card Services Complaint Board:

"I just received a notice from my credit monitoring service that a change was made to one of my credit reports. I log on, see my SST (formerly Providian) card is now over limit. I call them up to see what's going on and they say they never received my last payment. I'm confused. "I can't believe I didn't make that payment!" I say naively, because obviously if they tell me they never received it, then I must not have mailed it. But I am flabbergasted. I've been paying off balances on various cards left and right and conscientiously paying at least the minimum on whatever account I am not aggressively paying down at the moment. I just KNOW that I sent them that check but as far as I can tell, I have no proof - no carbon copies, no payment sent registered mail. Then I find this page and I am shocked to read other people recounting the exact same experience. Why are these bastards stealing our hard-earned money? Can we take these scumsuckers down or what?!"

No comments: