Monday, June 25, 2007

My Stalker George Clooney



So maybe Dr. K was right.

Maybe signs are important.

Pass me a slice of pie.


After all of the drama on Friday morning, we had several walk-ins who saw our signs and were looking for a chiropractor, which was very exciting. Toward the end of the day, Dr. K and I were alone in the office when a very chic woman with a large handbag and sunglasses the size of satellite dishes swept through the front door.

"Is Dr. Kadin in?" she demanded.

Dr. K stepped out of the restroom just at that moment and gave a little shriek. "Oh, it's so good to see you!" She rushed over and the two women embraced.

It turns out that this lady used to be a patient at ProHealth, the evil empire of chiropractic where Dr. K and I first met. She said she had just been driving up and down the Pike, expecting that one day she would see a sign for Dr. K's new practice. And then one day, there it was.

"So, what have you been up to?" Dr. K asked.

"Well, as you know, I am the President and CEO of the World Food Programme, an international nonprofit to stop world hunger."

Thanks for clarifying, I thought snarkily.

"And yesterday I was just going about my business when my Director called-"

You're the President and CEO and you have a Director?

"to tell me we just received a million dollar grant!"

"Ooooooh!" We all squealed and jumped up and down. "Congratulations! That's wonderful!"

"I know! And that's not the best part!" She leaned in a little closer. "I'm flying to Darfur tonight-" That's the best part? "-and the check will be presented to me on behalf of the foundation by-" and here she made a little weak-needed motion as if to faint. "-George Clooney!"

"Ooooh!" I made little fluttery movements to show how delighted I was but inside I was full of turmoil.

Clearly George has been reading my blog. And clearly, he wants revenge.

Giving a million dollars . . . to your neighbor: the rich liberal way to bust your kneecaps.

Ouch.

7 comments:

Kevin said...

HAHA, Clearly he has been reading these blogs!!!!

Luap Otisopse said...

I don't understand what's the "ouch" part here? A non-profit to stop world hunger is a good thing right?

Also, every boss has a boss. Most CEO's have a board of directors and stockholders to answer too, and in turn I'm sure the board of directors and stockholders have people to answer too. All the way up to Illuminati +/or Satan +/or some greedy conglamorite (I can't spell well) that runs EVERYTHING. Well, that's one theory at least.

HAHA! That was funny too about the best part being a trip to Sudan.

Well Wisher said...

The ouch is that he had a million dollars to give away and I was so close - at least geographically. He was just showing me what could have been if I were nicer about his "Cary Grant-ness." Yes, stopping world hunger is a good thing and of course it's good that he gave his money to that. I was just making a joke that I could have had a million bucks because he was in the neighborhood with money to give but since he read my blog, he decided he didn't want me to have it.

Sounds lame when you write it out like that. I guess most jokes do. :-(

And yeah, I know every boss has a boss. But she made such a big deal out of declaring herself a big shot and then said 'my director called" and my snarky little mind just thought it was funny.

Luap Otisopse said...

Ahhh, now that is all very funny! I'm a little slow sometimes. Both points a really quite ammusing once I understand the background stuff! You snarky little snark you:)

Well Wisher said...

FURTHER EVIDENCE:

This just in!


George has now infiltrated my favorite non-family blog. Citizen of the Month, which you can click on under "Blogs I Like," is the funniest blog I have yet to find. On today's post, Citizen (Neil Kramer) talks about trying to turn gay. At the end of his post, he writes, "OK, I lied about not finding any men good-looking. George Clooney is sexy in a Cary Grant way."

George, I give up! You win! Your powers extend far beyond anything I can imagine!

Although George couldn't entirely corrupt Neil, who finishes with, "I still wouldn’t date him." Ha, take that, George!

Ooops, sorry.

Luap Otisopse said...

HAHA!

Luap Otisopse said...

Oh, I just had a laugh out loud moment when I paid a little more attention to the title of this post and the picture! At first I didn't think much of it: "Oh there's Clooney", but now I laughed out loud, "what a good Clooney the stalker pic!". HAHA!