Monday, June 11, 2007

Retreat House Rambles

We're starting to get really busy at work now, which I love. It is so great to see so many people enthusiastic about the care they receive here!

I also got my materials for my Massage Doula certification. I have to learn the massage indications, contraindications and techniques during pregnancy, labor and the postpartum period, read a bunch of stuff about bodywork and massage, attend childbirth education classes, give a bunch of practice sessions, attend live births and give postpartum massage. Then I have to read and learn more general information about women's options during labor so that I can offer my client support during her birth.

And none of that includes the Infant Massage/Infant Massage Instructor certification that is also included in the course. I have a lot of learning to do but I feel super excited!

My weekend was so great! Luap, Yellek and I drove (well, Yellek drove in her wonderfully spacious new automobile - there is SO MUCH room in the backseat) to the retreat house in West Virginia to celebrate Yellek's birthday. Somehow I missed the part about it being a birthday celebration so I didn't bring a gift - imagine me with my fingers in the shape of an "L" on my forehead. Loser! Sorry, Yellek, I don't know why I didn't realize it was your b-day! I'll have to get you next time!

Anyway, we had a fantastic time. I ate WAY too much. Went tubing. Lazed around in the retreat house reading my book. Talked with cool fun people. Enjoyed the scenery. Played some Jamaican horseshoe. Gazed at the stars. Tossed the frisbee. So relaxing. I haven't been there in YEARS so it was a great rediscovery. Thanks guys for inviting me!

5 comments:

Luap Otisopse said...

Glad you had fun Megano! We are so glad you could join us and contribute to the great vibes:) Don't worry about a gift either, Yellek was hoping people wouldn't get her anything (which sounds weird, but true). I'm sorry for not sharing that fact also (that is was Kelley's B-Day). Thanks for the massage too...CLUTCH. Would love to come give you guys some business at the Chiro, please let me know how to set that up. Love ya!

Well Wisher said...

No, no I know you said, "Hey, we're going down to the Retreat House the way we do every year for Kelley's birthday." Somehow the last part just rolled off me like water off a duck.

Kevin said...

It was fun talking mamicritter. We don't do that often enough. I appreciate that we can be real with each other, and it is nice to know we have alot in common. Its always nice to have someone to stay up with you until 2 in the morning too. There aren't a lot of people out there that are that entertaining.

Well Wisher said...

Trudat! I love hanging with you guys. Too bad we don't live closer to you and Nnerb but thanks for coming out to WV for dinner. You two are the craziest distance travelers I have ever known!

Kevin said...

Not by choice!