Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Curious As A Cat

Fun questions from Curious As A Cat:

What is the best way you know to make new friends?

I'm not much of one for making new friends. Even when I do meet fun new people, I very rarely follow up with them. I guess I feel like I am imposing on them instead of reaching out.

I posted something on craigslist once asking for cool girl pals. I met several neat women that way but one day I just stopped responding to their e-mails. I don't know why. It just felt exhausting always to be trying to be "fun," even fun in the ways that I like to be fun. I guess I just really enjoy my own company. I get lonely for friends sometimes but it takes a lot of work to build a deep friendship and I haven't had that kind of time since I was in college.

I think the best way to make new friends is to join some organized activity where you and several other people will definitely be together at a specified time each week. Then you can get to know each other and hang out in your free time. But I'm probably not one to give advice on all that.

What foreign language should everyone have to learn in school?

Spanish. Duh.

Of all the people you know, who is the best at getting to the heart of things in serious discussions?

Honestly, I think my bros are probably the best at getting to the heart of matters. We all feel very comfortable with each other and trust each other. We don't mind being vulnerable by sharing our feelings or expounding on our opinions. We know we could be challenged in our beliefs at any moment but that's okay because we tend to speak respectfully to one another. Well, at least my bros speak respectfully to me, not sure about how they speak to each other. ;-) But yeah, probably my bros. Oh, and Anaid. That girl doesn't mind calling things as they are ever!

What is your favorite characteristic in boys/men?

Men who feel comfortable expressing appreciation for those around them. The ability to encourage another person by thanking them or celebrating them to another person speaks of so much confidence and self-knowledge. It is very attractive.

In your family, who is the least like the rest of you?

I feel like all of my bros and I share one wavelength or another. Luap and I are at very similar places in our lives and dealing with a lot of the same fruatrations, e.g. lack of house, wish for children, preoccupation with choosing a career. Niv and I are on the same wavelength about social responsibility and civic involvement. Semaj and I are both deeply interested in living a God-honoring life. And Nevets and I share a lot of the same humor and hobbies.

In your opinion, who do you think would benefit most from meditation?

Meditation? Or medication? Just kidding!

I think I would definitely benefit from more time divorced from distraction. I have a lot of free time but I tend to clutter it up with other people's voices: television, reading, listening to the radio, talking to T-Bone, blogsurfing. I used to spend an hour every morning in silent contemplation and it was wonderful.

What is your favorite characteristic in girls/women?

Honesty. Women who openly acknowledge their faults and either make an effort to work on them or just give themselves some slack for not being perfect and focus on using their gifts to the best of their abilities.

If you were 6 inches tall for a day, what would you do?

Take a picture of myself and sell it to the National Enquirer!

No, seriously, I am not interested in what people say behind my back - I am probably happier not knowing - so I wouldn't spy on anyone. Maybe I would ride on Telmah's back for a little while. Or ride on the back of a bird! That would be super dope. As long as it didn't eat me.

I would definitely dig out all that change I can't reach underneath my seat.

If I could get to DC then maybe I would ride around in Cheney's breast pocket with a mini-recorder capturing all of his diabolical plots. Or Karl Rove. Hmmmm . . .

4 comments:

Luap Otisopse said...

"Well, at least my bros speak respectfully to me, not sure about how they speak to each other. ;-)"

HAHA! Gold.


Who is Karl Rove? HAHA the Cheney comment was great!

Well Wisher said...

Officially, Karl Rove is Bush's Deputy Chief of Staff. He is widely known as the orchestrator of smear campaign dating back to the Nixon administration. Famed for "whisper campaigns" where rumors are whispered that such-and-such candidate is gay/commie/a flip-flopper/lied about his Vietnam War service. Equally well-known for ploys to disfranchise voters by sending them to the wrong polling station, handing out voter guidelines cards with headlines like "Black Democrats Voters Guide" and listing all Republican candidates, telemarketing schemes where voters are notified that Election Day has "changed" so they show up on the wrong day, etc. He is considered by many to be one of the most significant policy shapers and probably THE most influential power broker in Washington.

Think of Dick Cheney and multiply the horns, cloven hooves, forked tail and smoking nostrils by about 237,450. That's Karl Rove.

Luap Otisopse said...

WHAT? WOW! How is this guy NOT in jail??? You can't do that stuff can you? Or maybe he got pardoned by the Prez - he likes to pardon people?

Well Wisher said...

Since he is the reason that the Prez is the Prez, I don't think he'll see the inside of a jail cell any time soon. But yeah, he is EVIL! And proud of it, too. Known for laughing at the lame, easily led voters who fall for his tricks.