Friday, July 13, 2007

I Need to Chill

Okay, I know I need to chill but . . .

I really hate it when somebody is struggling with something and then another person sees it and laughs in a jolly just-between-us way at how cute it is that someone's having trouble. Dr. K does this all the time. For example, today I was pushing a rolling chair from one room to another. Since we still do not have new carpet, our carpet is peeling up in places to reveal exposed wood. The chair kept getting caught in the little divets as I was trying to push it and I kept hearing Dr. K laugh every time I hit one. When I asked her why, she said, "Haha, I can hear you in there with the chair!"

Come on. I'm not asking you to come help me or anything but at least recognize that I am not performing for your entertainment.

I get the impression that she views this as bonding, like I know all your little peccadilloes but I like you anyway. That might be the wrong impression, since I am influenced by hearing her "it's okay!"ing and "that's all right!"ing me all day long. She might just be clueless and mean-spirited. But I think she just has this twisted idea of how to pal around, which involves laughing at people who are struggling.

Am I just a cranky witch or do you know what I'm talking about?

2 comments:

Luap Otisopse said...

I think it's very valid, and I understand. To be frank: "Either come help me and we can laugh together at OUR struggle, or shut the F up!". That would definetly rub me the wrong way. Yeesh.

Well Wisher said...

Thanks for the validation!

Are you working this weekend?