Friday, July 27, 2007

What do you think?

This is Andy. He's a "Labrador Retriever, Pointer" mix, according to Petfinder. Looks just like a chocolate lab, only . . . he's just 25 POUNDS! Here's what his foster has to say:
"Hi, My name is Andy, and this is a courtesy post for me. Everyone likes me, so everyone wants to have pictures of me on their site. haha. I look like I'm a real big boy, but actually I only weigh 25lbs. I am a really good boy. I love dogs, kids, adults, and I even like cats. I'll be about 1yr old soon, but don't know when. I was there when it happened, but to young to remember. I am crate trained, house trained, up to date on all my vaccinations, neutered, and microchipped. See, so I come with everything."


Meet Fatty. This little cutie has some adorable pug features but he also has a bit of a snout instead of a smush-face, which means fewer health problems, and he has nice long legs so he can keep up on a hike and will pee in the rain (toy-sized dogs don't like to go when they have wet grass up their schnoodle - not that I blame them!) Here's what his foster says about Fatty:

"Breed: Pug mix
Sex: Male
Age: Approx. 6 months
Color: Black with white
Size: Approx. 18 lbs.
Status: Available v
Good With Kids: Yes
Good With Cats: Not Yet Determined
Good With Dogs: Yes

The only thing big about Fatty is capacity for love. He's a friendly and affectionate boy that enjoys attention. Fatty has a lot of bounce and prance in him, so he's always ready for some playtime. Fatty's owner took him to a county shelter because she could no longer afford a dog. Is there room in your home for Fatty? He never skimps on giving his heart!"

You may remember Belvedere! He is still available for adoption. I love his perky little face - he sure is a cutie! Only thing is, he's not recommended for a home with children. Seems he was treated badly by a previous owner and needs a family where he will be handled gently. Here's what his foster says about Belvedere:

"Belvedere is a 20# bundle of energy. He is good with most other dogs, but often plays hard. He has been handled roughly in the past so is still overcoming his fears. He needs love, patience and training to help build his confidence with new people. He is crate trained, house trained and has jumping beans in his feet. He is affectionate and very sweet and will do best in an adult home. He is a gem, although still in the rough."

So, what do you think?

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Andy!

Kevin said...

your so lucky to be even considering a pet!

Well Wisher said...

"your so lucky to be even considering a pet!"

I know! I hope when you're my agem you'll be considering your second or third pet. Looks like you're on the right track!

Luap Otisopse said...

I'd love any of my new nephews, whether it be Andy, Fatty, or Belvy! I remember in the Nugget, Freckles, and Teddy days, it was hard to sit down and not look like you were wrestling wookies and ewoks (ie, they shed all of the place). While I miss those 3, I like that I can go to Sdyob now and not need to change clothes. My point is, I would vote for who sheds the least, as that is the only thing I could think of to seperate the 3 - because I like them all! Belvy is SO cute, but seems to have the most "issues" (not that those are un-fixable) - seems like something to take into consideration. I'm excited!